Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hello Baptist Homeschooling

© Lisa F. Young | Dreamstime.com

Just leaving a hello to everyone visiting from baptisthomeschooling.com. Feel free to stay and look around for a while. Go ahead and comment, but if you go back past the the ones on the front page odds are I won't see the comment to reply right away. I hope you all do comment, it's kind of like signing a guest book, nice to know who stopped by.

One question, if someone would answer, why today? That post has been up for a few days, but today there's just a flood of people visiting. Did someone post about me somewhere? If so, let me know, if you wouldn't mind. I'd love to know what's being said.

Thanks. Hope you enjoy your visit.

4 comments:

Daniel Poehlman said...

Actually, I think people are dropping in from the lunatic Christian clown car who wanted to blow up the gay school under the auspices of "poetic justice."

At the bottom of that entry of hers, there's a list of links to reactions elsewhere.

PZ Myers wrote a bit about her on Pharyngula, and that's a pretty popular (and educational) atheist blog.

At least, that's how I got here. I think I'll stick around a while and take a look.

Oh! You can set your blog to moderate comments on posts older than X-number of days (it's in the settings). That way, if someone comments on an older post, ya get to see it. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Oh, lemme' guess which post of yours brought all these Baptist homeschooler's over...without commenting, of course.

The Knitting Lady said...

That will help, thanks Dan. It looks like she took down comments and links on that post, so I expect the flood will stop now. Rather too bad, I was enjoying the company.

Yea, tia, I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. ;)

Dave Anderson said...

I found my way here via Pharyngula as well. I was reading about the homeschooler's blog post wishing someone would massacre children. I took a look at her post to see if there was any context I could possibly be missing (exceptionally bad satire?) Once I was there it was like looking into a world so different from anything in my experience that a horrified fascination overtook me and compelled me to click on some of the links.

Since you wrote about her ravings, a link to your site was on the page.

Nice site, I've bookmarked it.