So someone finally did a screen shot collection. I've always wanted to but I've never managed it. Now I can just send you there.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 jar jam, any flavor *
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 "brownie" pan with foil and grease (I use cooking spray)
- Mix together the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until it's reached the large clump stage
- Add the oats and rub. Literally put a glove on and mix with your hands, squishing and rubbing until it cam make large clumps that hold together.
- Place 4 cups of this mixture in the bottom of the pan and press down until it's level and solid
- Spread the entire jar of jam over the top of this layer to within 1/4 in of the edges
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top and press lightly
- Bake for 35-40 min or until golden brown
- Let cool then cut, preferably with a bench knife
Makes 24 cookies.
* You can use any flavor of jam, but I've found that the tarter jams like raspberry or four fruits work best.
Recipe found at AllRecipes.com and modified. Not a clue where I found the picture, sorry.
Posted by The Knitting Lady at 4:21 AM